UPDATE (4:30 p.m.) — 85-year-old Frederick Coleman was arrested Saturday night and charged with DUI after the incident following the parade.
He hit someone south of the parade route on Section Street. The victim was taken to University Hospital.
The victim’s injuries are still unknown at this time.
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — An individual was hit by a car during the Mardi Gras parade in Fairhope.
Fairhope PD confirms that one was airlifted to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.
The driver is still on scene and Fairhope PD is currently investigating the incident.
News 5 will keep you updated as more information presents itself.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies