UPDATE (4:30 p.m.) — 85-year-old Frederick Coleman was arrested Saturday night and charged with DUI after the incident following the parade.
He hit someone south of the parade route on Section Street. The victim was taken to University Hospital.
The victim’s injuries are still unknown at this time.
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — An individual was hit by a car during the Mardi Gras parade in Fairhope.
Fairhope PD confirms that one was airlifted to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.
The driver is still on scene and Fairhope PD is currently investigating the incident.
News 5 will keep you updated as more information presents itself.
- ‘Glee’ star Naya Rivera found dead at California lake
- Mobile Metro Jail Warden Trey Oliver fighting coronavirus
- Peacock enters streaming fray with paid, free subscriptions
- Lawmakers hope other teams will follow Redskins’ lead
- Millionaires say “tax us, tax us, tax us” to pay for coronavirus aid