UPDATE (4:30 p.m.) — 85-year-old Frederick Coleman was arrested Saturday night and charged with DUI after the incident following the parade.
He hit someone south of the parade route on Section Street. The victim was taken to University Hospital.
The victim’s injuries are still unknown at this time.
FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — An individual was hit by a car during the Mardi Gras parade in Fairhope.
Fairhope PD confirms that one was airlifted to the hospital. The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.
The driver is still on scene and Fairhope PD is currently investigating the incident.
News 5 will keep you updated as more information presents itself.
- USA Health still awaiting state’s approval of proposed surgery center in Fairhope
- MPD allowing drop-offs for in-person absentee voting
- Mexico, U.S. reach last-minute deal on water debt payment
- Cooking with John: Autumn Beef and Cider Stew
- No. 2 Alabama looks to keep rolling vs struggling Tennessee