ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) — If you were out on the water around Orange Beach, Gulf Shores or Fort Morgan you probably saw an impressive sight Sunday morning. A series of fair weather water spouts were spotted around the Baldwin County coast.
It’s a rotating tube of air that gets lifted into the clouds. You don’t even have to have rain for a fair weather waterspout. There were probably around a half dozen sightings Sunday morning. Even though they have an easy-going name fair weather waterspouts can still pack a punch with potentially strong winds of 70 miles per hour.
- Woman charged in 2003 death of newborn twins whose bodies were found in trash in Stickney Township alley
- UPDATE: Residential fire in West Mobile
- Highway 59 southbound down to one lane
- Got an Echo or Ring? Soon, Amazon will use them to share your internet with a new ‘Sidewalk’ network – unless you opt out
- Two more Mardi Gras organizations cancel