DAPHNE, Ala. (WKRG) — The owner of The Learning Cove Preschool in Daphne said the employee who was in charge of a child found by themselves wandering outside the facility was “terminated immediately.”
That staff member was looking over the class the child was in at the time, according to owner Jeanee Cwieka.
“This is an internal issue that has been corrected, and we are very grateful the child is safe,” she told News 5 over the phone. She also says the facility self reported itself to the DHR.
Daphne Police are investigating, but tell us although it was negligence on behalf of the facility, it did not reach a criminal level.
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Scattered storms likely for the rest of the week, Drier pattern next week
- Marty Stuart, Hank Williams Jr., Dean Dillon to be inducted into Country Music Hall of Fame
- $500 million expansion at the AM/NS Calvert Mill
- Tropical Depression Eleven slow to organize, Expected to become Josephine