ELBERTA, Ala. (WKRG) — The fighting spirit of 8-year-old Baxter Duddy is living on through a different type of warrior.
Baxter died last year after battling brain and spine tumors for three years.
This is the first year Elberta has ever had a mascot. The school sent out some names for students to vote on. Baxter won… as a write-in option. Now the inaugural Elbert High School Warrior’s name is Baxter.
See our full story about the touching tribute tonight at 10.
- OCSO: Man shot in abdomen on Okaloosa Island, deputies searching for shooter
- Man found floating in Pascagoula River identified
- Body found in Perdido Key ID’d as missing boater Brandon Nicholson
- Lowe’s in Mobile, Daphne, Pensacola to offer second round of free cleanup supplies
- Skanska: 22 barges washed ashore during Sally, 12 onto private property in Pensacola