ELBERTA, Ala. (WKRG) — It’s an event that has never been canceled, and despite the Coronavirus, it is still happening today, sort of. The Elberta German Sausage Festival is happening this morning starting at 8. Volunteer firefighters are selling 2,000 pounds or one ton of sausage to help raise money for their organization.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions the popular event is forced to alter the usual plans. Traffic will enter from Main Street onto Oak Street. Vehicles will then turn onto Chicago Street. The festival usually garners large crowds with several arts and crafts vendors. It appears that will not be part of the festival this year.
- FBI asks for nationwide help in identifying male who may have information in child sexual exploitation case
- “Holy Cow, Welcome Back” Baldwin County returns to class for 1st time since Sally
- USDA announces approval of D-SNAP for Alabama disaster areas
- Here’s the reality behind President Trump’s claims about mail voting
- LIVE: Gov. Ivey extends Alabama mask order through Nov. 8