ELBERTA, Ala. (WKRG) — It’s an event that has never been canceled, and despite the Coronavirus, it is still happening today, sort of. The Elberta German Sausage Festival is happening this morning starting at 8. Volunteer firefighters are selling 2,000 pounds or one ton of sausage to help raise money for their organization.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions the popular event is forced to alter the usual plans. Traffic will enter from Main Street onto Oak Street. Vehicles will then turn onto Chicago Street. The festival usually garners large crowds with several arts and crafts vendors. It appears that will not be part of the festival this year.
- More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests
- Drew Brees apologizes for flag comments: ‘We all need to listen’
- Newsfeed Now: Protests across America morning update – June 4, 2020
- Moving from outrage to creativity: Oklahoma musicians,producers write songs to fight racial injustice
- Arkansas man delivers donuts to officers during protests