FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — Fairhope City Council President Jack Burrell announced – from home – during Monday night’s meeting that he and two of his family members have tested positive for COVID-19.
We spoke with Burrell over the phone, who says he and his family are feeling fine, and although they are past the point of recommended quarantine time, he’s continuing to self-isolate out of an abundance of caution.
This started when one of his children was told that a coworker of theirs tested positive. That’s when Burrell said his whole family began quarantining. His child has since tested negative.
Burrell said he is waiting until he receives a negative test before ending his self-quarantine.
- Postponed by pandemic: Only 27% of Americans have taken a vacation during COVID-19
- Scattered storms likely for the rest of the week, Drier pattern next week
- Marty Stuart, Hank Williams Jr., Dean Dillon to be inducted into Country Music Hall of Fame
- $500 million expansion at the AM/NS Calvert Mill
- Tropical Depression Eleven slow to organize, Expected to become Josephine