FOLEY, Ala. (WKRG) – The 5-year-old who was severely injured in a house fire just before Christmas in Foley is now out of the hospital. Jaysin Hackett was released from a Galveston, Texas burn unit Tuesday.
He’s been transferred to outpatient care and was able to stay with his dad in a hotel Tuesday night. His dad tells us Jaysin will remain in Texas for at least another month.
Family members continue to ask for prayers. Hackett’s mom, Lelann Thompson, has been at University Hospital in Mobile since the fire. Last week family members told WKRG News 5 she had a 10% chance of survival, but they now say she is making small improvements each day.
Her daughter Melissa, known by family as Sissy, has been recovering from the fire at home.
- Alabama last voted on gambling in 1999. Will voters get another chance in 2021?
- “I have no idea what to expect.” Downtown Mobile businesses hope for sales as Senior Bowl week starts slowly
- Senior Bowl Director: team name changes done to avoid “insensitive” imagery
- Mayor: Fate of spring festivals, events depends on COVID-19 numbers
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries