SPANISH FORT, Ala. (WKRG) — Caroline Berry lost her battle to cancer exactly one year ago. She was a junior at Spanish Fort High School.
Friday night, as the Toros take on Park Crossing in the third round of the playoffs, Berry will be on top of mind.
A group of her closest friends, who have dubbed themselves “Caroline’s Crew” organized a tailgate, a pre-game tribute and a balloon release in her honor.
November 22 will always hit them hard. But they got through it together.
“We went into today as a united front,” said one of Berry’s close friends, Audrey Miller. “We wanted to look at it as a positive light. And we really just want to celebrate her life and don’t want it to be sad. We want it to be happy, and do what she would want us to do”
The girls also say they want to thank the community for its support in the events they’ve been holding in Berry’s honor.
For information on more events, here’s the Berry Strong Foundation.
- Ole Miss considers moving confederate monument
- ECSO: School shooting threat circulating on social media
- Lost wedding ring makes its way across the country back to Alabama
- WATCH: Family says their brand new TV was damaged by careless FedEx delivery driver
- McDonald’s releases holiday clothing line, accessories