SPANISH FORT, Ala. (WKRG) — Caroline Berry lost her battle to cancer exactly one year ago. She was a junior at Spanish Fort High School.
Friday night, as the Toros take on Park Crossing in the third round of the playoffs, Berry will be on top of mind.
A group of her closest friends, who have dubbed themselves “Caroline’s Crew” organized a tailgate, a pre-game tribute and a balloon release in her honor.
November 22 will always hit them hard. But they got through it together.
“We went into today as a united front,” said one of Berry’s close friends, Audrey Miller. “We wanted to look at it as a positive light. And we really just want to celebrate her life and don’t want it to be sad. We want it to be happy, and do what she would want us to do”
The girls also say they want to thank the community for its support in the events they’ve been holding in Berry’s honor.
For information on more events, here’s the Berry Strong Foundation.
- Melissa Etheridge turns love for Chiefs into new song that you’ll want to rock to
- Police: Man steals woman’s cell phone, wallet after they fall from her pocket
- San Francisco 49ers to wear traditional road uniforms in Super Bowl LIV
- Woman sets herself on fire gassing up mini-motorcycle
- Father of Baldwin house party victim says justice will be served