UPDATE: The Baldwin County School System rescheduled Friday night football games for Saturday, October 19.
To see a full list of games, click here.
BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — Friday Night Football was the big topic at Thursday afternoon’s meeting at the Baldwin County Emergency Management Agency.
With storm conditions expected Friday night, school district officials are closely monitoring decisions regarding this week’s football games.
“That’s band buses on the road, that’s player buses, that’s parents traveling, that’s students traveling,” said Superintendent Eddie Tyler. He is in talks with Mobile County Public Schools as well as the AHSAA regarding their final decision.
Tyler says a decision will be made after lunch time Friday. We will let you know online and in our WKRG app when that decision is made.
Another concern brought up at the EMA meeting was rip currents. EMA Director Zach Hood says even if the Gulf looks calm – it won’t be. So he’s advising people to stay out of the water.
- Officer dislocates shoulder of woman with dementia after she ‘forgets’ to pay $14 for groceries: lawsuit
- Alabama 7-year-old recovering from first brain surgery, preparing for a second
- Can police stop drivers over air fresheners?
- LA woman admits killing her 3 children in jailhouse interview
- Florida couple accused of starving, locking up 50-pound teen, siblings