UPDATE: 10/28/20: An official with the Baldwin County EMA says the storm shelter at the Baldwin County Coliseum opens at 1 pm Wednesday and may close by lunchtime Thursday. An exact end time has not been determined.
ORIGINAL STORY: BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — Baldwin County commissioners met Tuesday afternoon in Robertsdale to discuss shelter openings ahead of Zeta.
We’ve learned the Baldwin County Coliseum in Robertsdale will open Wednesday for residents who need a place to shelter during the storm.
Residents are urged to seek shelter if they have nowhere else to go during the storm. Many homes were damaged during Hurricane Sally when it tore through Baldwin County last month.
County facilities with close at 1 p.m. Wednesday, remain closed Thursday and reopen Friday. However, the courts will remain open all day Wednesday, and absentee voting at the Baldwin County Courthouse in Bay Minette will be open all day Wednesday and Thursday.
We’ll be following the storm on-air and online as it gets closer to our area.
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday
- Truck stranded in Mobile Bay off causeway
- 10-year-old boy completes 50-yard challenge mowing lawns for free in his community
- Shoppers in Mobile line up for Black Friday deals despite COVID-19 changes