The first day of school will begin with a new dress code policy for middle and high school Baldwin County students.
On Thursday, the Baldwin County School Board approved the middle and high school dress code revisions.
The dress code policy will begin with the 2018-19 school year.
New Middle/High School Dress Code Policy:
- No pictures, emblems, or writings on clothing that:
- Are lewd, offensive, vulgar or obscene,
- Advertises or depicts tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs or any other illegal substance, or
- Contains fighting words or incites criminal activity.
- No cut off tops. (No midriff can be showing)
- No sleeveless garments.
- No see-through garments.
- Designed so that the neckline does not reveal cleavage.
- Designed to cover all undergarments.
- Fit properly- no oversized or overly tight tops.
- No tank top/undershirt can be worn as a shirt
- Length should be at fingertip/hand or mid-thigh, whichever is longer.
- Fit properly- no oversized or tight shorts.
- No spandex, biker, or see-through shorts.
- Must be hemmed and not rolled up
- Length should be at fingertip or mid-thigh, whichever is longer.
- Splits may not exceed (3) inches above the top of the knee.
- Proper fit- no sagging or baggy fit: worn at the waist.
- No see through or spandex legging pants.
- Leggings/tights may be worn only under shirts and dresses of appropriate length.
- No Oversized or tight pants.
- No holes in jeans in inappropriate areas (length rule).
- Sweat pants and warm-up suits will be allowed.
- Must be worn at all times, fastened properly.
- *Classes may require certain shoes. Ex. P.E., Chemistry.
- No bedroom slippers.
- Hats, caps, sweatbands, or other head covering will not be worn in building.
- No gang related clothing/items will be allowed.