UPDATE (3:56 P.M.) — The Baldwin County Emergency Management Agency took to Facebook to speak on the passing of Tim Gaston.
FAIRHOPE, Alabama (WKRG) — News 5 has confirmed Tim Gaston of Baldwin County died last night at Thomas Hospital in Fairhope after testing positive for COVID-19. Longtime friend, Claiborne Walsh of Montrose described him as one of the “Kindest and nicest souls I’ve ever known.”
Gaston’s daughter, Kathryn Douglas told News 5 her father had been on a ventilator after testing positive for the novel coronavirus. Gaston, 73, was undergoing immunotherapy treatments after beating lung cancer twice.
- Hot weekend ahead, heat advisory in place for coastal communities
- Electronics, scrap metal, tire recycling Saturday for Mobile County Commission District 2 residents
- Oakleigh Mansion reopening postponed due to COVID-19 concerns
- Federal Aid to fight housing discrimination heads to Mobile
- Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. donates nearly 300,000 eggs to Alabama food banks