FAIRHOPE, Ala. (WKRG) — Two amendments on the Baldwin County ballot are getting a lot of attention tonight. Supporters of the creation of “Landmark Districts” for Barnwell and Rosinton are holding a public meeting at 6 pm Monday night at Oak Hollow Farm. While they have no municipal governments, supporters say these “Landmark Districts” would preserve these areas and prevent or make it more challenging for surrounding cities to annex them. Amendment 3 is for Rosinton and Amendment 4 is for Barnwell.
Reportedly, the opposition has come from surrounding cities, arguing the term “Landmark District” isn’t firmly defined. Observers say the issue could set a precedent across Alabama.
- Rich’s Car Wash teams up with WKRG in shopping spree for Magical Christmas Toy Drive
- VOTE NOW: FNFF Play of the Year
- Rise of the GCCW Super Fans ft. TK Brooks from Comic Insider
- Blue Wahoos named Double-A Organization of the Year
- Newsfeed Now: US COVID-19 cases top 14M; Justin Timberlake helps family in need