BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) — The idea for the short film “Distracted” came to life last February in the Baldwin County High School library.
Senior Jordan Callaway was at the podium. A few students and first responders were scattered about in the seats.
A year later, Callaway has a bold 30-minute movie to show for it. The plot is morbid – intentionally. A deadly accident at the hands of texting and driving.
So far, it’s getting the response Callaway hoped for.
“I actually had a person tell me that she’ll now put her phone in her middle console, that she will not touch it,” Callaway said.
You can watch “Distracted” by clicking here. The student-made film is fictional, but may contain images that are disturbing to some viewers.
- Highway 59 southbound down to one lane
- Got an Echo or Ring? Soon, Amazon will use them to share your internet with a new ‘Sidewalk’ network – unless you opt out
- Two more Mardi Gras organizations cancel
- Raiders hope to get on track against winless Jets
- Bristol Mountain: ‘Focus is going to be keeping everyone outside’