BALDWIN COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Baldwin County Commission declared a local state of emergency effective at 9:00 a.m. Monday as Sally makes its way to the Gulf Coast. This occurring during an emergency special meeting in Bay Minette.
County facilities will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Other items being discussed in the meeting this morning:
Purpose for Emergency Special Meeting:
 Discuss impending inclement weather conditions which may pose a hazard to the safety and welfare of the general public; and
 Consider and/or adopt an instrument declaring a local state of emergency; and
 Consider and/or authorize the closure of certain county facilities by direction of the Chairman of the Baldwin County Commission or by adoption of a resolution or other instrument; and
 Consider and/or authorize the opening of shelters as necessary; and
 Consider and/or adopt a resolution determining a curfew if so advised by the Sheriff of Baldwin County; and
 Consider and/or authorize any other actions related to the impending threat of inclement weather conditions; and
 Consider and/or authorize the cancellation and/or rescheduling of any Baldwin County Commission meetings if necessary.
- Cam Jordan, Matt Ryan get set for clash in Atlanta
- Federal judge orders DHS to restore DACA, open new applications
- Scene from ‘Elf’ comes to life as Buddy meets dad in Boston
- “Baby Jane Doe” identified 38 years after she was found in a river in Jackson Co. Mississippi
- Chilly night ahead, Next rain chance arrives Sunday