UPDATE (4:32 p.m.) — A News 5 viewer sent in photos and a video of the fiery impact at County Road 49.
UPDATE (3:37 p.m.) — The Magnolia Springs Volunteer Fire Dept. say that 50 plus acres within that area were burned with Saturday and Sunday’s fires. 20 to 25 of those acres being on Sunday alone.
The total area that has been burned is 50 plus acres. Currently on scene are firefighters from Foley, Bon Secour, Magnolia Springs, Barnwell, Elberta, Oyster Bay and Fairhope Volunteer Fire Dept.Magnolia Springs Volunteer Fire Department
UPDATE (2:54 p.m.) — The Fairhope Volunteer Fire Department is standing by to assist in fighting the fire.
BON SECOUR, Ala. (WKRG) — There are reports of a second fire in Bon Secour on County Road 49 Sunday.
A fire official says once authorities made it onto the scene, all mutual aid departments were requested to help respond with tankers and ATVs.
Saturday, the Alabama Forestry Commission and seven other fire departments battled a large wildfire and it was successfully extinguished.
This is a developing story.
- Robertsdale corrections officer dies from COVID-19 complications
- As COVID-19 numbers skyrocket, Florida governor says ‘we’re not shutting down’
- Migrants welcome COVID-19 vaccination efforts at Tijuana campsite
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in Prichard, police searching for suspect
- Olympic gold medalist says swim races ‘not clean’