LOXLEY, Ala. (WKRG) — Aldi has announced plans to open a new regional headquarters and distribution center in Loxley. The growing grocery chain has purchased 160 acres in the city’s industrial and warehousing district, just north of I-10 and exit 44. The $100 million dollar investment is expected to bring 200 jobs to Loxley and Baldwin County. Construction is scheduled to begin next year.
Aldi currently has 30 stores open across Alabama, in both Central and Northern Alabama. The chain plans to open an additional 70 stores by the end of 2022.
New stores will open in Foley and in Spanish Fort.
- COVID-19 relief package moves to Senate, faces GOP opposition
- Auto repair shops seeing a spike in catalytic converter thefts
- Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office looking for info on 3 unsolved homicides
- Suspect in shooting leaving 5-year-old boy in critical condition’s record shows long violent history
- Warmer weather means more motorcycles on the road; DMV recommends drivers be on the lookout