BAY MINETTE, Ala. (WKRG) – The Bay Minette Police Department received a big award Wednesday from the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs (ADECA). The department received $24,000 in grant money that will be used to purchase patrol rifles.
“This equipment acquisition will allow our agency to better provide adequate safety to our citizens and community in the event of an active shooter situation and protect officers from violent assaults,” Bay Minette Police Department posted on Facebook.
Bay Minette Police has been awarded various grants over the last year that allowed the department to purchase first aid equipment and tourniquets for all the officers. Ballistic vests for sworn personnel and advanced law enforcement training at no cost has also been made possible thanks to the grant money.
The purchase of ballistic vests and first aid kits for both K-9’s, and a police packaged vehicle, have also been new additions to the force.
- How much rain fell April 14 through April 18?
- Texas man arrested for kidnapping, trafficking, assaulting a child after police rescue 13-year-old from Alabama
- ECSO asking for help finding 14-year-old runaway
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
- Man murders girlfriend and shoots 4-year-old, kills self after police pursuit