ATHENS, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman faces a potential death penalty after being indicted on a capital murder charge in the death of her son, who was left in a car for hours.
Court records show 36-year-old Elizabeth Anne Case is accused of leaving 13-month-old Casen Caine Case in a car for seven hours. She was initially charged with felony murder and aggravated child abuse after the child died in October. A Limestone County grand jury returned the more serious charge after hearing evidence earlier this month.
An attorney for Case didn’t immediately return an email seeking comment Friday.
- Tracking TD 3; Increasing Rain Chances at Home
- Police say 4 officers shot in St. Louis protests
- UPDATE: No injuries or fatalities at Bangkok Thai Cuisine fire on Highway 90; 1 person in custody
- Floridians, Alabamians oppose contact tracing in the workplace
- Higher rain chances this week, Monitoring Tropical Depression in the Gulf of Mexico