ATHENS, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama woman faces a potential death penalty after being indicted on a capital murder charge in the death of her son, who was left in a car for hours.
Court records show 36-year-old Elizabeth Anne Case is accused of leaving 13-month-old Casen Caine Case in a car for seven hours. She was initially charged with felony murder and aggravated child abuse after the child died in October. A Limestone County grand jury returned the more serious charge after hearing evidence earlier this month.
An attorney for Case didn’t immediately return an email seeking comment Friday.
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 5 key moments from the final showdown
- Here’s how Hunter Biden became a campaign issue
- Juarez sets 15-day overnight lockdown after massive coronavirus spike
- US announces sanctions against Iran for attempted election interference