(WKRG) — Smokers in Alabama and Mississippi suffer less financially for their unhealthy habit than do smokers in most states, according to a new study released Wednesday by the personal finance website Wallethub. Mississippi ranks last in the nation for overall cost of smoking and Alabama third from last.
Still, a smoker in Alabama will spend more than $95,000 on cigaretts in a lifetime. The overall cost to that Alabama smoker will be $1.7 million when health care and other income losses are factored in. The annual cost for an Alabama smoker is more than $36,000, according to the study.
Smokers in Masschusetts are impacted the most financially, according to the study.
See the full report here.
- Woman accidentally mistakes nail glue for eye drops
- Cooking with John: Stadium Baked Potato
- Man says 7-year-old daughter ’embarrassed’ after student, then teacher cut her hair
- Texas man wrestled and gripped infant’s head ‘in a football hold’ prior to his death, affidavit says
- Improvements coming to Spanish Fort road after complaints of potholes damaging vehicles