UPDATE: Investigators confirmed just before noon that they have recovered 8 bodies. But, the search continues for more possible victims. Investigator say they new of the names of 8 people out there when it happened. But, just because they don’t have more names doesn’t mean there aren’t more possible victims.
UPDATE: SCOTTSBORO, Ala. (AP) – Scottsboro Fire Chief Gene Necklaus says multiple fatalities in Alabama boat dock fire; number of dead not confirmed.
SCOTTSBORO, Ala. (AP) – A fire chief in Alabama says 7 people are hospitalized and 7 others are missing after a fire destroyed at least 35 boats docked at a county park. News outlets report the fire broke out early Monday at Jackson County Park in Scottsboro. Fire Chief Gene Mecklaus says most of the vessels were houseboats. The Jackson County Emergency Management Agency says in a tweet that firefighting and rescue operations have been taking place on land and in the water.
- Dem lawmakers ‘horrified’ over Trump’s Bible photo op
- US Senators to schedule an emergency hearing on police reform
- Why has the rain not improved our drought?
- As Trump signs religious freedom order, photo ops criticized
- In wake of violent protests, lawmakers call for change