HOOVER, Ala. (WIAT) — Saturday afternoon, protesters lined the street of Highway 31 with signs demanding an end to police brutality.
The protest began just before 2 p.m. Protesters in masks were heard calling for justice in the case of E.J. Bradford, the 21-year-old shot and killed by a police officer at the Hoover Galleria in 2018. Saturday’s protest comes one day after an 8-year-old was shot and killed inside the Galleria where three other people were injured. The mall was closed Saturday following Friday’s shooting.
Protesters were seen wearing masks as Alabama recently extended it’s ‘safer at home’ order.
A CBS 42 crew saw arrests made as protesters entered the street.
Check back for updates.
- Coastal showers, warm afternoon ahead
- USA Move-in week begins Saturday with appointments, health screenings
- Steamy temperatures for the weekend, Rain chances slowly rising
- Falwell, Jr. to take indefinite leave of absence, effective immediately, at request of L.U.’s Board of Trustees
- Florida hospital loses body of newborn baby, lawsuit says