TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (WIAT) — Nick Saban released a statement Sunday evening regarding his thoughts on the recent deaths of Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and George Floyd.
“I am shocked and angered by the tragic deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor and Ahmaud Arbery,” Saban wrote. “We’re at an important moment for our country, and now is the time for us to choose kindness, tolerance, understanding, empathy, and most importantly … it’s time to love each other. Every life is precious, and we must understand we have so many more things that unite us than divide us.”
Saban goes on to say how he has always found inspiration through Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., Rosa Parks, and others who “devoted their lives to finding peaceful ways to rid our society of social inequities.” You can read his full statement below.
- Company offering free tree service to veterans in Baldwin County
- Mourners continue to pay respects to Ginsburg
- Vintage Affair Gala will happen this year thanks to loyal supporters
- After Hurricane Sally and a fire, one Orange Beach family is thankful for community support
- House Dems urge Senate to move forward with negotiations on next COVID relief bill