Natural gas explosion causes house fire in Fultondale on Halloween, 1 injured

Alabama News

FULTONDALE, Ala. (WIAT) — A natural gas explosion caused a significant house fire in Fultondale Sunday evening and injured one person.

The explosion occurred in the 1600 block of Elkwood Drive and was witnessed by trick or treaters participating in the Halloween tradition.

Chief Justin McKenzie with the Fultondale Fire Department says that they are working the scene to extinguish the fire.

The video below shows the moment of the explosion.

(Video courtesy of Dekearia Beck, Raven Beckham and Kayla Woodson)

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

More Local News

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories