MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Gov Kay Ivey released a statement on Tropical Storm Sally.
Gov Ivey said, “As we head in to a new week, we are keeping a close eye on Tropical Storm Sally. It is likely that this storm system will be impacting Alabama’s Gulf Coast. While it is currently not being predicted as a direct hit to our coastal areas, we know well that we should not take the threat lightly.
“We offer our prayers and support to our friends in Louisiana as they are expected to once again be in the path of severe weather.
“I urge everyone to stay tuned in to your local, trusted weather news source and to remain aware as this storm approaches. While COVID-19 remains a threat, do what you can to protect your health, but if necessary, remember that getting yourself and your family to safety in the event of severe weather takes precedent. We will continue monitoring everything from the state level. Stay vigilant, Alabama.”
- ‘It’s just senseless:’ Prichard family seeking answers after a man was shot dead in home Semler St.
- Remains found in search for 1921 Tulsa race massacre victims
- Saints set to face off against former players & staff vs. Panthers
- Get an up-close look an asteroid!
- Feds warn of election interference from Iran, Russia