Unedited press release from the Alabama Department of Public Health
Based on a reduction in telephone call volume, the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) has discontinued the COVID-19 24/7 Hotline for testing site information. Effective September 11, information about available testing sites and hours of operation statewide will now be available on the general COVID-19 hotline. The toll-free line is open from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m., seven days a week. If the need presents itself, hours can be adjusted quickly.
The hotline allows the public to speak with someone who can provide information or direct them to a contact who can assist them. A general information e-mail option is also available during these hours.
The toll-free hotline and e-mail address are as follows:
· COVID-19 General Information – 800-270-7268
· Telephone calls are answered from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. seven days a week.
· The COVID-19 General Information E-mail address is email@example.com
Testing site information can also be found on the COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard located on the ADPH website at alabamapublichealth.gov.
- DPD: Missing and endangered elderly Daphne man
- US lawmakers look into threat assessment from Jan. 6 attack
- Top Stories May 10: The world’s happiest dog, NFL player spends 10 months working in healthcare
- Medical Moment: Children and COVID-19 vaccine
- BIG DAWG US Air Force Vessel dropped into Gulf as artificial reef