SMITH LAKE, Ala. – A boat caught fire Friday afternoon on Smith Lake, just ahead of Independence Day Weekend.
The fire started just before noon, and several people ran over in an attempt to extinguish it, including someone on a jet ski, who tried to spray the boat with water.
However, the Cullman County Sheriff’s Office moved everybody away out of precaution in case the boat exploded.
The owner did confirm to WHNT News 19 the boat had a full tank of gas at the time.
Logan Fire and Rescue and Alabama State Troopers responded as well.
No one was injured.
- Alabama included in multistate salmonella outbreak linked to onions
- USA issues stadium seating update, will only be at 25% capacity
- Doctors Without Borders: Fewer migrants heading north seeking asylum
- Day one of the 2020 Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is full throttle
- Pres. Trump holds Friday evening briefing