BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue crews are investigating a fire at St. Mark the Evangelist Catholic Church Sunday afternoon.
Around 2:16 p.m. crews responded to call of a fire at the church. They arrived upon seeing heavy smoke. They are now putting out any hot spots, Birmingham Fire officials say.
At this time, authorities are investigating to find the cause of the fire. It’s not clear if the fire was started by a lightning strike. There was no one was in the building at the time of the fire.
Check back for more updates.
- Ball security at the top of the list for Bills offense vs. Ravens
- Dog taken in stolen car in Denver found 2 weeks later
- ‘Strong evidence’ suggests Capitol rioters intended to ‘capture and assassinate’ officials, US prosecutors say
- Biden to lay out plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- What else is in Biden’s $1.9T coronavirus plan?