Alabama will hold its 15th annual sales tax holiday, starting Friday, July 17, at 12:01 a.m. and ending Sunday, July 19, at 12 midnight.
The tax-free weekend is meant to give shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain school supplies, computers, and clothing free of state sales tax.
Local sales tax may still apply.
Here is a list of items that qualify for the sale:
- Fairhope’s Back-to-School drive, with the emphasis on ‘drive’
- Back to School: Challenges for students, parents, teachers, and staff, Thursday in every newscast
- Bars and nightclubs in Tijuana demand permission to reopen
- Report: More women and Americans becoming crime victims in Mexico
- Alabama League of Municipalities call for changes to monuments law