ALABAMA (WHNT) — Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill has confirmed there will be no direct mail voting in Alabama in the 2020 election.
In a response to a tweet from President Donald Trump, Merrill said absentee voting and physically heading to the polls will be the only option:
“Don’t worry @realDonaldTrump, WE WILL NOT have direct mail in voting in Alabama! We have provided an excuse provision for anyone that wants to vote absentee and our polling sites will be open for anyone that wants to vote in person! Keep working hard to Make America Great Again!”ALABAMA SECRETARY OF STATE JOHN MERRILL
- BREAKING: Mobile Fire and Rescue respond to a house fire on Sumner Drive
- Crews working 10-car crash on Hwy. 231 in Blount County
- ‘2 weeks of happiness’: Bindi Irwin’s husband shares sweet photos of baby girl
- Watch: Thief on motorcycle rips necklace off woman in middle of Manhattan crosswalk
- FEMA begins accepting applications for COVID-19 funeral assistance