MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) —Alabama Power customers will receive a $25 credit on their bill this month.
The newly approved credit is based on lower expenses for the fuel Alabama Power uses at its generating plants. Alabama Power has seen lower fuel prices during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Customers will receive a total of $100 million from the fuel-related credit.
The credit will average $25 per customer and is on top of a 3% rate reduction that also took effect in January.
Alabama Power provided the above video with more information.
- Tropical Depression Twenty-Nine has formed in the Caribbean
- All meters restored by Baldwin EMC
- Jaguars win Sun Belt Men’s Cross Country Championship
- Paws Across Pacific: Historic animal rescue flight provides hundreds of Hawaii shelter animals with forever homes
- Curfew in Chickasaw lifted