MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey has ordered schools to be closed for the remainder of the school year.
In a press conference Thursday, Ivey announced at-home schooling to begin on April 6.
The state will implement online distance learning. Ivey said help will be forthcoming for those who do not have Internet access. Correspondence packages will be sent out.
The end of the school year is now June 5.
- Patchy fog, pleasant afternoon with little to no rain!
- Vigil/protest planned in Mobile in honor of Breonna Taylor
- Mobile County to begin Hurricane Sally debris removal Sept. 28
- FNFF Play of the Week (Week Six)
- FNFF Mascot of the Week: Robertsdale