DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — An Alabama boy whose parents were killed in a tornado this month has received donations including the promise of free college tuition.
State Sen. Garlan Gudger Jr. says Wallace State Community College in Hanceville has offered two years of tuition to 8-year-old Landen Godsey, who remains hospitalized. He says the University of Alabama System Foundation also will help fund Landen’s education, and about $60,000 has been raised for his family and other storm victims.
The boy’s parents died when a tornado struck their double-wide mobile home on Dec. 16.
- TCM to show series of controversial, racially insensitive films as part of new series
- Oklahoma student sues university after suffering bat tick bites in dorm
- Unicorn balloon to be special surprise at Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Capital murder warrants issued for men accused of robbing, killing Clarke County trucker
- WATCH: Thomas Morstead reflects on time with Saints after being cut