MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Poarch Band of Creek Indians generously made a donation to the Alabama Department of Public Health to assist them in improving their response to coronavirus.
“Each county in the state will benefit from the donation,” State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris says. “Much-needed testing equipment and supplies will be purchased for county health departments. We are especially grateful because the tribe’s partnership and support of public health will enhance our capabilities to reach rural, underserved areas of the state.”
If you’re experiencing symptoms or at high risk for COVID-19, ADPH wants make sure you have an opportunity to access screening sites in your very own communities.
Visit alabamapublichealth.gov. to learn additional information.
- Black Friday looks different in Mobile this year
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- UPDATE: 19-year-old shot and killed at Bennett Pointe Apartments on Old Pascagoula Road
- Saints looking for first win in Denver since 1994