MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WKRG) — The Alabama Board of Medical Examiners and the Medical Licensure Commission is taking action to address the doctor shortage in the state of Alabama due to COVID-19.
Temporary emergency licenses will be granted to qualified physicians from other states and Canada.
To be approved of the temporary emergency license the physician must be licensed, in good standing, and must also provide the Board with a written verification from a hospital’s administrator or chief of medicine that the physician will provide in-patient hospital care to those suffering from COVID-19.
- COVID-19 vaccine clinic for people with Down syndrome and developmental and intellectual disabilities set for Feb. 26
- Man sentenced to 24 years on child pornography charges
- US carries out airstrike against Iranian-backed militia target in Syria
- VIDEO: Mobile trauma surgeon talks with Randy Patrick about Tiger Woods’ golfing future
- Stop the violence: Group working to call attention to victims of violence