BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — UPDATE (3/30): The 12-year-old boy who was shot in the head Monday by his brother while playing with a gun has died, according to the Bessemer Police Department.
No other information has been released at this time.
ORIGINAL (3/30): A 12-year-old boy is in critical condition after he was shot in the head by his 16-year-old brother Monday afternoon.
According to the Bessemer Police Department, the two brothers were playing with a gun just after 1 p.m. when the gun discharged in the 16-year-old’s hands and hit the 12-year-old in the head.
The 12-year-old was taken to UAB for treatment. No charges have been filed as of now, according to Bessemer PD.
No other information has been released at this time. Stay with CBS 42 as this is an ongoing story.
- First Residents at State Veterans Home in Pell City Test Positive for COVID-19
- Families of Lebanese blast victims plead for outside inquiry
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death in Florence
- Remote learning: Online safety tips for students and parents
- BIKER DAD: 69-year-old racer nearly killed in 250+ mph crash at Bonneville Salt Flats