BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — A 12-year-old boy died at Children’s of Alabama Monday after being shot earlier that afternoon in Bessemer.
According to the the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office, the boy was shot in the 500 block of 29th Street North in town sometime before 1 p.m. Monday. The victim was reportedly shot by a juvenile family member while inside a house.
The boy passed away at 4:15 p.m. at Children’s. Due to being a minor, his name is being withheld from release.
The circumstances surrounding the shooting are currently being investigated.
- First Residents at State Veterans Home in Pell City Test Positive for COVID-19
- Families of Lebanese blast victims plead for outside inquiry
- Police: Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death in Florence
- Remote learning: Online safety tips for students and parents
- BIKER DAD: 69-year-old racer nearly killed in 250+ mph crash at Bonneville Salt Flats