GULF SHORES, Ala. (WKRG) — A turtle nest along West Beach in Gulf Shores was vandalized.
According to the Alabama Coastal Foundation, someone moved the predator screen and dug down into the sand by several inches.
Thankfully, the eggs were not disturbed. Data collectors that monitor temperature and water statistics weren’t disturbed. The organization has filed a report with Gulf Shores police.
If you have any information, call the Gulf Shores police department.
- Tropical Storm Cristobal will move north through the Gulf this weekend
- Spring Sport Shout Out: Belle Rea
- Gun sales up, more first-time buyers, many women
- Universal Orlando is back in business
- Watch as lightning strikes the Washington Monument