It's still hurricane season - which means another tropical disturbance! However, it's not a threat to us.
A disturbance in the tropics associated with an area of low pressure is causing showers and thunderstorms about 250 miles SSW of the Azores. It will continue to move slowly northeastward.
It will likely become a subtropical cyclone in the next few days before fizzling out.
Download our free News 5 Weather App to stay up to date on the latest tropical information.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Live Traffic Blog: Jan. 17
- Winter Weather Viewer Photos
- ROAD CONDITIONS: Road closures due to winter weather
- Fatal head-on collision involving 18-wheeler on Hwy 43 in Saraland