Recipe from Kath Rossi of Ill.
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 tbsp instant expresso coffee powder
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 56 milk chocolate candy drops or pieces unwrapped
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Beat together butter and shortening in bowl of an electric mixer on medium high speed
- until fluffy. ( Use an egg beater and/or wire whisk).
- Add sugars; beat thoroughly.
- Add eggs, water and vanilla extract, beating until well blended.
- Add flour, cocoa and instant expresso coffee mixture, beating until just combined.
- Fold in finely chopped pecans.
- Cover bowl; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 375F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls (Approximately 56); wrap each around
- 1 milk chocolate candy.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minuttes or until set.
- Immediately transfer from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Roll cookies into powdered sugar.
- Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Roll cookies into powdered sugar again.
Store in tightly covered container.