Theodore Family Loses Everything In Fire

Theodore Family Loses Everything In Fire

Posted: Updated:
THEODORE, Alabama -
A family is left homeless in Theodore after a fire rips through their home early Saturday morning.
 
"Anything would be appreciated at this point because we have nothing. We're having to start over again. What you see, this is it. We have nothing. I don't even have the key to my car. I have a car but I have no key. No ID, nothing," said Apryl Severns.
 
Apryl and her 11-year-old son were inside the home when the fire took over. Her only mission at that point was to make sure her son makes it out alive.
 
"Just to get him out. I kept yelling for him and I couldn't find him. I could hear him, but I couldn't find him. I couldn't get my window open so I had to bust it and jump out the window," she says.
 
She has stitches in her hand and behind her ear, but she's just thankful they made it out alive.
 
"I happened to just wake up out of my sleep and open my door, I thought my son was playing a trick on me. The trailer was on fire. We ran next door and screamed for help because apparently I was cut up. The ambulance came and took us before the fire people even got here," she explains.
 
The home is a total loss. It's not presents under the tree that this family needs, it's the necessities.
 
"I have a 16 year old who wears a 36 pants and I have an 11 year old who wears a 28. They're pretty good size kids I guess. At this point I guess anything would help," she says.
 
If you can help this family, please email Blake Brown at bbrown@wkrg.com with your name, phone number and what you are able to donate. Blake will get in touch with the family.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Tanker Fire Closes Bayway Ramp

    Tanker Fire Closes Bayway Ramp

    Thursday, July 31 2014 7:42 AM EDT2014-07-31 11:42:26 GMT
     ALDOT crews are inspecting the Bayway entrance ramp from the Causeway after an overnight tanker fire
     ALDOT crews are inspecting the Bayway entrance ramp from the Causeway after an overnight tanker fire
  • Orange Beach Tourist Contracts Flesh Eating Bacteria

    Orange Beach Tourist Contracts Flesh Eating Bacteria

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 8:08 PM EDT2014-07-31 00:08:52 GMT

    Lenny Buck has been hospitalized for 13 days after contracting the potentially deadly Vibrio Vulnificus bacteria.

    Lenny Buck has been hospitalized for 13 days after contracting the potentially deadly Vibrio Vulnificus bacteria.

  • Man Tied To Child Sex Ring Sentenced

    Man Tied To Child Sex Ring Sentenced

    Thursday, July 31 2014 4:46 PM EDT2014-07-31 20:46:09 GMT

    Brittney Wood's uncle, Dustin Kent pleads guilty to rape, sodomy.

    Brittney Wood's uncle, Dustin Kent pleads guilty to rape, sodomy.

Powered by WorldNow

555 Broadcast Dr,
Mobile AL 36606

Telephone: 251.479.5555
Fax: 251.473.8130
Email: news5@wkrg.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.