QUICK & EASY TURKEY STROGANOFF
1/2 pound Cremini mushrooms, sliced
3 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Onion, finely chopped
3/4 pound Leftover cooked turkey meat, dark or light meat, roughly chopped into bite sized pieces
1/2 cup Leftover turkey gravy (or chicken or turkey stock)
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 Tablespoon Fresh chopped thyme
1/2 cup Sour Cream - at room temperature (can substitute plain, full-fat yogurt)
To taste Salt
To taste Black pepper
1/4 cup Green Peas
1/2 pound Egg noodles, hot, cooked
1) Heat a large sauté pan on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
2) Add the mushrooms and dry sauté them (cook them without oil), shaking the pan frequently so they don't stick, for 3 to 5 minutes, until the mushrooms release their water and begin to brown.
3) Add the butter and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, until the onions begin to brown. Add the turkey meat and gravy and stir to combine. Cook for a minute or two, and sprinkle on the thyme and nutmeg. Season with salt & black pepper
4) Turn off the heat and add the sour cream. You may want to add a few tablespoons of water to thin the sauce. Mix in the sour cream (or yogurt) thoroughly. Do not let the sauce come to a simmer or boil or it will curdle or break.
5) Add peas, stirring to mix. Season to taste.
6) Serve immediately over egg noodles.
YEILD: 4 Servings
Corporate Executive Chef
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel