1. Boil water (about 1 gallon per lb of peas)
2. While the water is boiling, rinse shelled peas.
3. Add the peas to the boiling water, and cover it with the lid.
4. Return to a boil for approximately 2-3 minutes.
5. A foam will begin to build atop the peas. Skim the top of the boiling water to remove this foam.
6. Remove the peas from the boiling water (they begin to cook if left boiling too long).
7. Place the peas in cool water. One easy way to do this is to place the peas in a colander to drain the hot water, fill the sink with icy water at a level that is not higher than the colander, then submerge the drained peas into the icy water. Lightly stir the peas around to ensure all are cooled, and then lift the colander to remove.
8. Put the peas into a plastic bag, flatten, and lay in the freezer.
555 Broadcast Dr,
Can't find something?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.