33 days of filming in Mobile is almost over. From car explosions to high speed chases it's been a busy month. In fact, Nicolas Cage is packing up tonight after his final shoot and plans to leave the Port City first thing Tuesday morning.
"Then the second step of the movie will be post-production which will bring us to Los Angeles and it's at the end of the year and then the film will be released and showcased and distributed worldwide in the first quarter of 2014," said a producer.
News 5's Blake Brown sat down with producers Tuesday afternoon to talk about their final days in Mobile. They say it's been a good month with a lot of good memories.
"There are a lot of beautiful women in Alabama and I hear they have the best ribs and chicken and the people are very nice and so we're very thankful to be welcomed here, it really feels like a second home," said a producer.
"This movie has really helped put a lot of focus on the state and the City of Mobile and we're getting a lot of phone calls my office is very busy with phone calls, fielding questions about incentives and locations," said Kathy Faulk, Alabama State Film Director.
120 paid crewmembers have been working in Mobile on the film and there's hope that more movies will come to town.
"This exposure is tremendous," said Faulk.
The film debuts in 2014. The Crescent Theatre in downtown Mobile has been rumored to host a premier, but so far no decision has been made.