Carnival Files Suit Against BAE Systems

Carnival Files Suit Against BAE Systems

Posted: Updated:

Carnival Cruise Lines is taking BAE Systems to court. The company filing a federal suit against BAE last week.

Carnival is seeking about $12.6 million dollars in damages tied to an incident when the Triumph broke free in Mobile River.

The complaint claims that BAE secured the ship with unsafe moorings causing it break free.

A local maritime lawyer says carnival may have a case because other boats along the river didn't break free during the incident.

"60 miles an hour (winds) is not unusual and it would be my thought that other boats didn't break away would be evidence that this one could have moored properly," said attorney Mike Huey.

Carnival says they want money for physical damages to the ship, lost revenue and legal fees.

Carnival is facing a suit from the family of John Johnson, that man who was killed in the incident. Part of the damages they are seeking from BAE are fees that could come up in that legal case.

Johnson's family as well as a man injured in the accidents are named as defendants in this case.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Fifteen People Arrested In Prostitution Sting

    Fifteen People Arrested In Prostitution Sting

    Thursday, August 28 2014 5:36 PM EDT2014-08-28 21:36:02 GMT
    The Escambia Sheriff's Office Special Investigations Unit conducted an undercover sting operation
    The Escambia Sheriff's Office Special Investigations Unit conducted an undercover sting operation
  • Paddling for a Cure

    Paddling for a Cure

    Sunday, August 31 2014 9:08 PM EDT2014-09-01 01:08:17 GMT
    Two young men who are raising money to fight diabetes ended a 1,000 mile journey in the Mobile River Delta Sunday.
    Two young men who are raising money to fight diabetes ended a 1,000 mile journey in the Mobile River Delta Sunday.
  • Bengals Put QB McCarron on Injured List

    Bengals Put QB McCarron on Injured List

    Sunday, August 31 2014 2:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 18:28:09 GMT
    The Cincinnati Bengals put quarterback AJ McCarron on the injury list Saturday as they got down to the 53-man roster limit, making the fifth-round pick ineligible to practice for the first six weeks of the season.
    The Cincinnati Bengals put quarterback AJ McCarron on the injury list Saturday as they got down to the 53-man roster limit, making the fifth-round pick ineligible to practice for the first six weeks of the season.
Powered by WorldNow

555 Broadcast Dr,
Mobile AL 36606

Telephone: 251.479.5555
Fax: 251.473.8130
Email: news5@wkrg.com

Can't find something?
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Media General Communications Holdings, LLC. A Media General Company.