Keith Gallmon Jr. won’t have to move far to continue his football career, as the Mobile Christian safety has signed to play football at South Alabama.
“He called me within two hours after his press conference and said - we’re going to get Keith Gallmon, we want him - it meant a lot again that South Alabama is really committed to recruiting local players," said Mobile Christian football coach Ronnie Cottrell.
“I just felt like I had a good relationship with the coaches and the fact that they came over as soon as they got here, the week they got in town, they came over and saw me and talked to me," said Gallmon Jr.
A late push by South Alabama's new coach Steve Campbell sealed the deal, and the newest member of the Jaguars’ roster is glad he’s done with recruiting.
“Everybody is coming after you, everybody is trying to talk to you, all the coaches are coming through trying to talk to you. But at the end of the day, South Alabama was the place for me," said Gallmon Jr.
“We’re going to miss them, some guys are really going to have to step up," said Cottrell. "When you’re talking about those three guys, Troy Young, Andres Fox and Keith Gallmon, losing all those guys in a year and a half is losing a lot.”
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Official Memorial Fund for wife, 1-year-old son of slain MPD Officer
- Via Airlines announces non-stop flights between Mobile and Orlando
- Condolences pour in from across the country for slain MPD officer
- Mayor Stimpson: "If you see a policeman, go hug them, tell them you appreciate them"