The University of Alabama got off to a slow start, but once they started rolling, put in an impressive performance against No. 20 USC, beating theTrojans 52-6 to start the 2016 college football season.
True freshman QB Jalen Hurts came into the game late in the second quarter and led Alabama to a 17-3 halftime lead.
Hurts was 6 for 11 for 118 yards and 2 TDs through the air. He ran for 32 yards and 2 more TDs. He also threw an interception and coughed up a fumble.
It was an inspiring performance for the dual-threat QB out of Channelview, Texas who became the first player in 20 years to have multiple rushing TDs and passing TDs against a USC defense.
Alabama's ArDarius Stewart finished with 113 yards and 2 receiving TDs while Damien Harris led the Crimson Tide ground attack with 138 yards.
Alabama returns home to Tuscaloosa where they will take on Western Kentucky on Saturday.
Trial set to begin in ex-NFL player's
Djokovic: Players held meeting, but
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baldwin County schools relax dress code due to expected cold weather
- List of MLK Events Along Gulf Coast
- Loxley Police Investigate Chevron Burglary
- BREAKING: Death Investigation Underway in Baldwin County