CENTREVILLE, Ala. (AP) - Bibb County Sheriff Keith Hannah has been found dead at his office in the central Alabama town of Centreville.
District Attorney Michael Jackson says Hannah's body was discovered Wednesday morning. He says it was located in a bathroom connected to Hannah's office at the sheriff's department.
Jackson says preliminary evidence indicates Hannah died of a gunshot wound, but there was no immediate indication of any foul play.
The prosecutor says an autopsy will be conducted to determine whether the Hannah's death was a homicide, a suicide, an accident or something else. Jackson calls Hannah's death shocking.
Hannah was first sworn in as sheriff in 2003. He first went to work with the sheriff's office as a deputy at age 21.
Centreville is located about 50 miles southwest of Birmingham.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baldwin County School Officials hold meeting ahead of freezing weather
- Traffic Blog: Tuesday Jan. 16
- BREAKING: One Person Killed In Daphne House Fire
- Baldwin County schools relax dress code due to expected cold weather