Jessica Taloney - A man convicted of rape in 1999 is in the Escambia County, Florida jail this morning charged with a sex offender violation.
Robert Letroy Howard, 38, is being held on a $600,000 bond. He was booked into jail around 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
Howard is a registered sex offender in East Brewton, Alabama. Public records show he was convicted of raping two 19 year old women in 1999.
Authorities last verified Howard's address on June 1, according to the Alabama sex offender registry which lists him as compliant.
News 5 has left a message with the spokesperson for the Escambia County Sheriff's office to find out more about Howard's arrest.
BREAKING: One dead, several pulled...
OPEC countries to pump more oil to
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Death investigation underway after body found at Milton Dollar General
- Murder victim remembered as a "good kid"
- Man identified in fatal crash involving 18-wheeler on I-10
- INTENSE: Body camera video shows K-9 disarm suspect in Pensacola