WKRG STAFF - FAIRHOPE, Ala. (AP) - Alabama Democratic Senate nominee Doug Jones says Sen. Al Franken should resign amid allegations of sexual misconduct involving women.
Jones said Wednesday that sexual harassment isn't a partisan issue, and people in Congress shouldn't be treated differently than others.
He said Franken should quit for the good of the country and his own constituents.
Jones' comments came in response to a reporter's question following an appearance with campaign volunteers in Birmingham.
Jones has said he believes the women who have accused Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore of sexual misconduct decades ago. Moore denies doing anything wrong.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Baldwin County School Officials hold meeting ahead of freezing weather
- Traffic Blog: Tuesday Jan. 16
- BREAKING: One Person Killed In Daphne House Fire
- Baldwin County schools relax dress code due to expected cold weather